Effective December 12, 2018
Definitions and interpretation
The boring part our legal team made us do. In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used by Users to access Material and/or any communications system on the website;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on the website;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by www.phonescomparison.com when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Further details are contained in Clause 5;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to www.phonescomparison.com . This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Personal Data” means data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal data can be factual (for example, a name, address or date of birth) or it can be an opinion about that person, their actions and behaviour;
- “www.phonescomparison.com”, “we”, “us, “our” means Name and physical address
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that www.phonescomparison.com makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “Products” means products and services supplied by www.phonescomparison.com;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that The www.phonescomparison.com makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by www.phonescomparison.com or any of its specified current product or any addition changed and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means any of the following domains (www.mobilescomparison.com, and any sub-domains of mentioned site(s) (eg. example.mobilescomparison.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Third Party Websites and Services
www.phonescomparison.com may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties to deal with matters including, but not limited to:
- Payment handling
- Delivery of purchased items
- Search engine facilities
- Advertising and marketing
- Customer feedback
The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of the website. The providers only have access to data that is necessary and relevant.
www.phonescomparison.com have carried our GDPR due diligence with all of our partners to ensure they are compliant.
Access to your
Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data, including for direct marketing purposes or sharing with third parties.
You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the data, and you may also need to update your data if your circumstances change. Additional data related to your marketing preferences may also be stored; you can change this at any time.
You have the right to ask for access to the personal data that we hold (If available or holding). Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- www.phonescomparison.com may use ‘Cookies’ to receive and store certain details whenever a user interacts with us.
- A ‘Cookie’ is a small text file that is stored by the browser on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them store things such as personalisation details or user preferences. By providing this “memory” for the website, they enable it to recognise a user and respond appropriately. Each web domain can only access Cookies stored by that specific web domain, meaning that only the www.phonescomparison.com servers can access the Cookies set by the www.phonescomparison.com domains.
- When visiting a page on the website the following cookies may be created or updated:
- Authentication cookies: A cookie is generated to indicate if you are logged in to this site. We use this cookie to determine which account you are logged in to and if you have authorisation to access specific pages (eg. your company’s administration page).
- Shopping basket cookies: A cookie is generated when you add an item to you basket. We use this cookie to store each item in your basket which enables us to calculate the total price you pay and to ensure we know what the order is we need to fulfil.
- Anonymous analytics cookies: Our web analytics software uses this cookie to compile anonymous usage statistics (eg. number of visitors, which pages are visited most etc.). We use this information to measure how well the website is doing and to look for ways to improve your experience.
- Third party social cookies: A cookie may be generated on some pages of the website, notably our blog, when a user interacts with the embedded social sharing buttons (eg. Likes, Tweets or 1s a post). These cookies are created by the third party social sites and are used to record the action you’ve taken, such as Liking a page.
- Third party advertising cookies: A third party cookie is generated when a user visits the website. We use the cookie to display advertisements for our products and services when the user is surfing the internet. The cookie expires after a period of 30 days.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies but this can be altered. For further details on how to do this, please consult the help menu in your browser. Please note, disabling or deleting Cookies may prevent you from making a purchase or being able to log in to your account.
- Legal basis for processing Personal Data www.phonescomparison.com is the data controller of your Personal Data, if collecting (Strict under GDPR law)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- if you are in the UK, your Personal Data will only be processed in the UK
- if you are not in the UK, your Personal Data will be transferred to, and processed in the UK
Data security is of great importance to www.phonescomparison.com. To protect your data, we have taken care to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to safeguard and secure any data collected online.
- We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Retention periods vary depending on the type of Personal Data. However, we are legally required to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers, for tax purposes.
- We may also anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. We can use anonymised information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Changes of business ownership and control
- www.phonescomparison.com may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- In the event that any data submitted by users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller (this does not affect your statutory rights).
Changes to this policy
- If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please get in touch via email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help with your query. You’ve made it to the end, now go and find something more fun to do!